I decided to get a short term protective style which I am planning to keep for 2 weeks. I knew I was going to have a busy week and my hair was the last thing I wanted to worry about. Also wearing hair out + busy = hair neglect for me, so I wanted to stop this crazy cycle this time around.
To prepare for the ‘do – I did a clarifying and protein wash day using the following products…
- Prepoo: Coconut oil. Detangled, left it in my hair for about 20 minutes without heat
- Shampoo: Aunt Jackie’s Oh So Clean Moisturising & Softening Shampoo
- Instant DC: Watsons Repair Treatment Conditioner with Honey
- Deep Conditioner: AfroBotanics Repairing & Strengthening Treatment mixed with a smidgen of Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator. I sat under my heating cap for 30 minutes.
- Leave-Ins: Motions Triple Action Leave-In Conditioner, Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Conditioner
- Moisture and Sealing: AfroBotanics Conditioning Moisturiser and Olive oil
After my hair had completely dried, I went to the salon to get it cornrowed. Side note: why do all salons only play gospel music or old school R&B? This instance, I got my hair did and was taken to church all at the same time.
My scalp is becoming more tender each week it seems, no matter how gentle I am with it by the end of my wssh day, I see flames. It was worse this time because I did the cornrows after, so there was even more manipulation. I actually don’t know what to do about this *sigh*. I use my DIY moisturising spritz to moisturise my hair and use jojoba oil for sealing.
What is your go to short term protective style?