Happy Freedom Day to my South African readers 🙂 – Happy 21st birthday Mzansi! You are officially an adult.
At 15 weeks post, my hair was just fighting with me – detangling took over an hour and I had my friend Nomonde helping me – hey Sol 🙂
I didn’t have any of my hair products with me because I was away from home but I did get to shop Nomonde’s stash. It was awesome because we use some of the same staple products but she has some of her own products which I was keen on trying out.
Here is how my wash day went:
- Prepoo: overnight with a mixture of coconut oil and avocado oil – it was my first time using avo oil ever
- Shampoo: Forever Living Aloe Jojoba Shampoo – I loved this shampoo, it made my scalp tingle and was nice and foamy. It did leave my hair sufficiently clean but not as soft as my usual shampoo
- Instant Conditioning: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
- Deep Conditioning: Dabur Vatika Intensive Nourishment Hot Oil Treatment. I DCed under a heating cap for an hour maybe
- Leave-Ins: Aunt Jackie’s Knot on my Watch Instant Detangling Therapy – this was undoubtedly the heroine of my wash day. I also applied the Ultimate Organic Therapy Leave-In Liquid Hair Mayonnaise. I sealed all that with the coconut oil, avo oil mixture. I tied my hair up and went on with my day
The next day I moisturised using Afrobotanics Conditoning Moisturiser and sealed with ORS HAIRepair Vital Oils for Hair & Scalp. I used T444Z to do my scalp massage.
I then did 2 plaits – I intend to keep my hair like this till I relax. This is going to be soon because I cannot handle another wash day like this. My scalp was still painful a day later from the detangling and I do not have a tender scalp at all.
I think I have to rethink the number of weeks that I stretch in the future especially now that I use JBCO on my scalp religiously.
What’s your ultimate tool/product/technique when it comes to detangling?