I got nominated for the Liebster award by fellow healthy hair blogger Yvette from hardmashonatype.blogspot.com – thanks Yvette 🙂 This is an award given by bloggers to encourage one another, and also to help you discover new, and interesting blogs. She came up with questions that I need to answer, I really enjoyed her questions. I absoultely had fun doing this challenge. Here goes: 1. Who/what inspired you to start blogging? I am a huge documenter of my life, I somehow do not trust my memory and believe that I will forget everything that happened in the past. Also, I have kept a diary since I was 12 years old (let me tell you that reading some of the entries is such a trip!) Anyhoo, I digress – I started my hair blog because I wanted to document my healthy hair journey.
2. What has blogging help you to achieve?I have ‘met’ so many ladies on their hair journeys – I love reading and commenting on what other people are doing. Honestly, all you guys are like my friends in my head. I love that there are other hair obsessed people in the world – it makes me feel less weird. Also I have been able to see the changes in my hair over the years and even though length-wise I am not far, health-wise my hair is 1000% better.
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 5 things would you want with you? My boo thang, Music, Food, Sunglasses, A book
4. If given the opportunity, which country would you like to live and work in for a year? I would love to work in London, England (if London was suny all year round). I just think it is at the centre of the world. I just imagine people who are flying all over the world stopping by for a day or 2 to visit me 🙂
5. What is the one thing you love most about your home country? I love South Africa for it’s people, we are a diverse bunch, sometime infuriating, sometime funny and always a hoot. I love that as a country we are still figuring things out making mistakes and learning along the way. I love that we have pretty good weather for most of the year (where I live anyway). I love that we have words like: mealie meal, bakkie, woza, eish, howzit, ekse, yebo that are uniquely South African and don’t really belong to any language…I could go on and on.
6. If you had $50,000 to give to charity, which charity would you donate to and why? I would probably donate to a charity that looks after vulnerable children. I feel that children land up in terrible circumstances not because of their own doing and thus they should also be given a fair shot at life.
7. Can you tell us 3 random facts about you? I am 170cm tall but that does not deter me from wearing high heels everyday during the week. After working for 5 years, I took a hiatus to ‘find myself’ and I also went back to school for a Masters. I am an ultimate girly girl – I love all things pretty.
8. If you were on an episode of Come Dine with Me, which celebrities, alive or deceased, would you want to compete with? Oprah; so that we can have a nice dinner and chit chat! For 2 nights in a row even 🙂 I love me some Mama O.
9. Book version or movie version? Book version anyday! I’m the ultimate bookworm
10. What do you love most about what you do (work or school)? I love that my work is in service of other people and that it makes somebody’s life better.
11. What do you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years? Oh so much! but a couple of them are: I want to travel the world even more and see new places. I want to start a family. I am meant to write a new set of questions and tag people to answer them, but I think all the other bloggers that I want to tag are already participating in this challenge. So please leave a link to your answers in the comments section, I would love to check them out.